16 May 2012

All the water on earth

If you in some magic way could capture all the water available on earth into a bubble, this would be the size of it. Looks kind of tiny compared to the blue earth we're used to see. 96% of the bubble is water from the oceans, and most of the remaining 4% is either up in the atmosphere, captured in ice at the poles or underground, where we can't reach it. In other words: The amount of possible drinking water is not very large, and we all depend on it to be able to continue living life the way we do.

Samuel R

No comments:

Post a Comment